Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sleeping Out for Jesus Post 5


Good Morning


Day three, chilly this morning woke to clear starry skies. My mood is different this morning from yesterday morning. Feeling very lonely, I think it is the crash from yesterdays High. So many faces, then nothing, nobody around, by 10:00 last night I was alone. I woke up about midnight and found myself alone and annoyed at the people that had visited me during the day. I was annoyed and resentful, they “went home” and here I am in this silly little tent. They all said “how great of a thing I was doing” then they went Home. I found myself thinking; “if this is so great, were is your tent” and “I bet we can find a sleeping bag for you”. I went back to sleep than woke up at about 5:30 this morning. When I woke I was no longer annoyed or resentful, but rather ashamed, guilty, and saddened over my poor thinking. How could I have the audacity to feel that way? This is my choosing, to be living on the lawn, not theirs.

But what about those Real Homeless People that had no choose, how do they do this every night? Are we aware of the ups and downs or could we possibly understand the roller coaster ride of emotions. No wonder some of the Homeless people I have met, seem to be uncertain or leery of people. We need to take the time and try to understand what is going on with the Homeless, try to find out what part of the emotional roller coaster ride they are on when we met them.

Well the morning is getting better, sun is up and folks from the church are dropping of Hot Coffee from DD and a muffin or two
There will be a lot of activity today at the church, “Clothes To Go” will be open this morning for people to come by and get FREE Clothes.

Come on by, Say Hi and pick up some new clothes

Shalom

Pastor David

"Have Fun, Take Chances, & Go Fast for Christ's Sake"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New York City 1978


There were tall buildings and people-packed streets and avenues all around. By 7:00 am, droves of people had already spilled out of the Port Authority bus terminal and were rushing to their offices. Women in full dress and make-up, wearing track shoes for a quicker commute by foot, huffed by me... But what I was most struck by were the homeless people, dressed in multiple layers of discarded clothing, living in cardboard houses on the sidewalks. Some with eyes sewn shut, others unbathed, hungry and suffering from dementia, or at least massive confusion. I always spared them some change even though my native NY co-workers called me asap... Two years later I woke in the middle of the night & scratched this out like it had been programmed into me by a higher power. My close friend later put it to music... (I asked him to keep the tempo urgent, with a Richie Havens-like sound) We thought we had something...


HOMELESS

No one knows your glory
No one knows your shame
No one's heard your story
And no one knows your name

No one's gonna ask you
No one will reply
No one's gonna hear your truth
And no one hears your lie

No one knows your troubles
No one feels your pains
No one feels your heartbeat
As the blood pumps through your veins

No one warms your blankets
No one draws your sheets
And no one offers comfort
As you wander through the streets

It's not the life you've chosen
Or what you had in mind
To live amongst the homeless
And beg beside the blind

Until the world feels compassion
For a life that's gone astray
Until giving is in fashion
There is no other way...

Vincent LeVine
~

Pastor David said...

Vindog

Thank You for your words.
May I share them as part of my message in the morning?

Shalom

Pastor David

Pastor David said...

Vindog

Thank you for your words.
My I share your words during may message tommorrow morning?

Shalom

Pastor David A

Anonymous said...

Pastor David, Absolutely! I wrote the poem many years ago so people could feel what I felt. It definitely was sadness, and still is. I'd be honored if you used it in your Sermon. Shalom! - Vinnie

fivelevineteam@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Rather- I'd be honored if you used it in your "MESSAGE"! Shalom! - Vinnie