Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sleeping Out for Jesus


Well I made it through the first night on the lawn of the church. Set up the tent about midnight, climbed in said some prayers and tried to get some sleep. Do you know how noise traffic can be? I well say that load mufflers and small trucks shake the ground. My sleep started to get better when the traffic subsided that was about 2:oo am , Oh thats when it started to rain a little.

The town of Mansfield cleans North Main street at about 3:00 am. Just for your information, a street cleaner at 3:00 am and about 10 feet away not only shakes the ground it LOUD!!! real LOUD!!.

By 3:30am I was thinking and praying hard about the millions of people all over this country sleeping under overpasses, along highways, and in doorways on busy streets. I will be in my bed on Sunday night, so this is just a little unconfortable for a few days for me. But the homeless in the world live like this every day and night.

I well keep you posted on how things are going. I would love to here from you

Shalom

Pastor David A

"Have Fun, Take Chances, & Go Fast for Christ's Sake!"

No comments: