Friday, October 10, 2008

Sleeping Out for Jesus Post 3



Good Morning


I woke this morning to a wonderful surprise!!! My cellphone rang at about 5:30 am, it was my wife Jane saying "Good Morning". It felt so good to hear her voice, then she told me to "open the tent " she was parked in front of the tent with a HOT CUP of COFFEE from DD. It moved me to tears. We spent some time together before she had to head to work. I am truly blessed with such a wife. After Jane left I felt very sad, not only that she had to leave, but how many Homeless people have no one to spot by and say "Hi". How much would it cost any of us that are blessed with a family, friends, and a home. to spot by someone in need or that has less than we do and just say "HI!!!". I really feel we would not fall into financial ruins if we just noticed one another.


Slept very well last night, The traffic noise wasn't bad. I do not know if I am become accustom to it or I was that tried enough that I just slept through it. A little cooler this morning, but clear blue skies. Can't wait to see what other Blessings God will send my way today.


Shalom


Pastor David A


"Have Fun, Take Chances, & Go Fast for Christ's Sake"

1 comment:

David Abbott said...

David - powerful words of awareness. I thank you for being willing to share what you are feeling and experiencing. It's always a risk to share one's feelings with another and you are doing so with the world!